Update 9th February 2021
Please note that the surgery is still receiving an increased volume of calls regarding the COVID-19 Vaccination. Please can we ask that you do not contact the surgery with regards to your COVID-19 Vaccination. The surgery is still open but we need the telephone lines to be available for patients that require our help.
Rowner surgery are part of the Gosport West PCN and if you are eligible for the vaccination you will be contacted by Solent View Medical Centre via text or letter. This will include instructions on how to contact to book your vaccination. NHS England are also now sending letters to patients who are eligible for the vaccination but these appointments will be at the new vaccination hubs. If you receive one of these letters you can choose to go to the vaccination hub by booking online or calling 119. Please do not double book appointments at Solent View and a Vaccination hub as this will prevent others from being able to receive an appointment. If you do not wish to go to the vaccination hub you do not have to and can wait to be called by Solent View Medical Centre.
Please do not call the surgery to inform us you have an appointment for your COVID-19 Vaccination, once you have been administered with the vaccination your medical record is updated.
You may have heard on our telephone message that there is further information on the Vaccine in the Greenbook , chapter 14a. This is information provided by the Government on their website and is updated by them. Please click on the following link to see details.
Following the Corona Virus Briefing yesterday evening we have provided you with the relevant link for information on patients age 70 or over who have not yet had their vaccination.
Thank you for your patience.
We are all excited to hear about the progress on a Covid vaccine and that this should improve the quality of life for all of us.
We know that you, like us, are struggling with the confines imposed upon us all due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Everyone is trying to make the best of the situation and, as a practice, we are committed to caring for you in the best possible way whilst keeping both you and our team safe.
To keep you as informed as possible, we will update these messages frequently as we become aware of more information from NHS England:
- Some hospitals have now received the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid vaccine and are starting to invite patients in for their vaccine
- Some GP practices will start to receive the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid vaccine this week and are inviting patients in for their vaccine.
- We will let you know the specific local Covid vaccination plans as soon as we can
- Please do not telephone us to ask when or if you are going to get a Covid Vaccine.
- We will contact you individually if and when you are invited to have a vaccine and will keep this website updated.
- The vaccine will be given in order of priority to those at highest risk first.
- Please act on your invitation when it comes, and make sure you attend your appointments.
- It is essential, if you are given a vaccine that you return for the second part of the vaccination on the date that you are advised to.
- Please continue to abide by all the social distancing and hand hygiene guidance, which will still save lives.
Meanwhile, we all need to keep to the advice of hand-washing, face masks and social distancing but we all look forward to the time when we will return to life as normal.
Thank you for your patience
Claudia Sampetru/Practice Manager